Sunday, September 09, 2007

It's been a little while but now i'm back.

FaceBook has sucked me into it's gaping maw and trapped me in its sick embrace. But it's not all that bad. I'm having great fun with it. But it's been taking away from my blogging time and that is UNFORGIVABLE!!! But what inspired me to shut off the facebook insanity and come back to my good old blog was the delivery of my beloved copy of "Breakaway". I was reading it and i read about the Harris twins, Alex and Brett, whose big brother Joshua wrote a pile of books that live in my room. Apparently they're doing this big cool "Rebelution" thing, very exciting. Something i'd love to get into. But the only problem is that their site just doesn't seem to be working. I'll check back later. But if you want to know more than read this http://www.breakawaymag.com/AllTheRest/A000000594.cfm And it will tell you all sorts of cool "Rebelutionary" stuff. Oops, i just found out that i had their website wrong, and it is, in fact, my error, not theirs. If you'd like to visit their website click this http://www.therebelution.com/. But anyway, what inspired me to blog was that it seems that this whole Rebelution came out of their two blogs. And i thought "I have a blog...why can't i be a rebelutionary!?" The answer? Well, the same answer to how many licks to the center of a tootsie roll pop. 1, 2, 3...CRACK! I mean, "The world may never know". I'm so jealous, they got some cool internship because of their blogs, and all sorts of great stuff. But whatever. I'm fine with just being a "Chronicler" and not a "Rebelutionary"...at least for now.

Anyway, as always when i go for a while without blogging, i've written a whole bunch of junk in my phone. A whole bunch of junk that i will now share with you, because i know how much you love my junk. The first thing i thought i might want to tell you is an interesting little anecdoteish funny story from music camp. This story should have been put on my blog when music camp ended but...i got sidetracked. Anyway, on the last night all us manly guys were trying on shirts, because the next day we would be wearing special matching shirts to make us all look good. And of course because we were manly guys, when i say trying on shirts i mean walking around shirtless. And flexing our muscles. And grunting in a manly fashion that is oddly reminiscent of a gorilla. And then we got an idea into our heads, which is quite a dangerous thing for shirtless gorrilas to do. We thought it would be really smart to walk into the girls' room, shirts of, muscles bulging (because of course we were all in perfect shape{sarcasm}) and say things like "Hey baby, you need your suitcase carried?" and "Yo goergous, need any jars opened? Me have big muscle!!" Now of course we never actually did go, but it was just such a great idea i thought you might like to hear about it.


Another funny thing i had to blog about was our translater Andrus. He is a great translater. And one reason why he is so great is because he adds so much to his translation. The greatest thing he adds is sound effects. You just can't have a conversation with Andrus with hearing a "Pip" or a "Pop" or even a "pippity pop!" It's quite exciting! Anyway, the other day during bible study we were talking about being born again. And so he translated that we had to be born (POP!!) again! I don't think i can really convey how funny it was through my blog. But it was very funny. And i thought i would tell you funny things to make you smile. Because smiling is good. Another interesting thing happened on the way back from Võru, which i don't believe i blogged about our little trip but anyway you get the point. In the car on the way back to Tallinn my phone started ringing. It was a number i didn't recognize, but because i am such a curious person i picked up anyway and was quite happy to hear a female voice tell me that this was Microsoft (finally!). She told me the nearest place i could have my X-Box fixed was in Poland, but with all the prices of having it sent there and repaired i could probably buy several new ones. So i thanked her very much but said that i i wouldn't being doing that. And she said goodbye and it was all very nice. Now that i think about it though i should have like asked her out or something. Because i'm sure any girl working for Microsoft must tottally ROCK!


One other interesting thing happened a little while ago when i was moaning about how broke i am. I told my friends Anneli, Evelin and Elis about how dreadfully moneyless i am they got a good idea. They decided to throw their loose change around and laugh at me while i cahsed after it. Now many people may think it was cruel of them to make me chase after all their 10 Senti coins, but it was actually quite nice, i got almost 15 Krooni worth of change! I am such a lucky guy to have friends with so much change they don't want. I could make a fortune as a money chaser, if only i could find a large enough audience. After this coin chasing incident i got an idea. A very inspirational idea. It was one of those "Eureka!" moments. Do you know the story of the word "Eureka"? The guy in the public bath gets a good idea, yells eureka, and then runs home naked. I almost did that. I was in the shower, had a good idea, yelled eureka, and wrapped a towel around myself and ran out half naked. Half naked as in covered in all the essential places but not as covered as i normally would be. It was quite exciting. What was this eureka idea you ask? It was the C.H.R.I.S. fund! The Chris Has Really Insufficient Stuff Fund. The way this fund works is that i need money for stuff. So you give me money. If you would like to donate to the C.H.R.I.S. fund then just let me know. Or call 1-800-gimme-lots-n-lots-n-lots-n-lots-n-lots-n-lots-o-money. Whichever one works best.


The final thing i have is a question. This is a deep and profound question. Something that has puzzled philosophers for generations. Do i look like i smoke? Do you see that picture there? Do i look like the type of guy who'd look more at home with a cigarette in his hands than a bible? I certainly hope not! I'm not asking because i'm thinking of buying a pack and lighting up, but because for the longest time, people have come up to me and asked me for a cigarette! Why this is i still don't know. Is it because i dress in black? Is it because of the facial hair? Is it my dashing good looks? I recently had it suggested to me that it is none of those things. It is simply that people assume that a 17 year old male must have a pack of cigarettes up his sleeve. And i don't understand why me though. I mean i guess it could just be that i look the part. Because it usually happens when i'm with other people, but no matter who i'm with (even if i'm with someone who does smoke) people will walk up to me. I wish i knew what it is, because it's quite annoying. It happened today when i was eating lunch outside with my family. A lady asked me, not my parents. And when i said i couldn't help her she laughed as if it was funny that a guy like me wouldn't be smoking. Whatever. It's just freaky. Though i have always prided myself on looking like the type of guy you wouldn't want to meet down a dark alley...but the only reason you wouldn't want to meet me down a dark alley is because i would probably jump out and say "BOO!!" and then laugh at you. But anyway, i must go now. I have rice cooking on the stove and i don't want it to boil over. Cya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, i'd be glad to donate to the Give Chris Links To Cool Games So He Doesn't Need Money (GCLTCGSHDNM) fund.
(Pronounced gult-sig-shed-num)

http://jayisgames.com/
archives/2005/02/nanaca_crash.php

That'll keep you occupied for a while.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you look like you smoke. If you would wear a suit with a tie everyday and shave facial hair, people would probably ask you less about cigarettes. But some smokers are so desperate in their addiction, they just approach anybody and ask. Looking like a girl would also help - estonians somehow assume that women are smarter and smoke less than men. ;)