Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back Again

Well, I haven't blogged since last Thursday. I'm doing pretty badly at this whole "every day" thing. My personal word count for the day is already nearly at 5000 just from homework and I still have to write an article for The Star, Houghton's student newspaper. Basically I've been too whiny and busy to write.

But that is no excuse! I really want to get back to writing on here. Ugh. I have things to blog about and I will get back to this.

Just to throw something out there I can tell you a little bit of what I've been busy with. I am a supervisor at Phonathon. The Houghton Phonathon is, aside from the best job ever, a job where students call alumni, family, and friends of Houghton to raise support for student scholarships. Not only is this clearly a cause I can believe in, but has also been my job here at Houghton since, according to my blog, September 3rd of my first semester. That's almost four years! This past year I have been working as both a caller and a shift supervisor which has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I love working with the other callers and I love being a leader, at least in that setting. It's hard to explain, but I really enjoy my job. I'm good friends with my boss, Heather, and I like most of my coworkers. That's why I've been working extra lately. Phonathon just recruited nine new callers and they all need to be trained up and put to work. So I've been helping out with that. Other than classes  and homework regular work has been the big thing going on in my life lately.

So, lamest blog post ever. This reminds me why I stopped blogging in the first place. Life in college is so dreadfully mundane. It's a series of routines and boring school things. Ugh. I'll find something interesting to blog about for next time. But for now I must go. I have class at 6.

No comments: