Thursday, November 16, 2006

Frankenstein...Gave me a quote about friendship?

I just started reading Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein", which is supposed to be a great classic so i'm pretty excited. And so i just started it (like 10 minutes ago) and right away i found a quote. This guy is off on a seafaring adventure and he's is writing to his sister. And on this sea voyage the one big thing he misses is and needs is a friend. Here's What he says..."I have no friend, Margaret: when i am glowing with the enthusiasm of success, there will be none to participate my joy; if I am assailed by dissapointment, no one will endeavour to sustain me in dejection. I shall commit my thought to paper, it is true; but that is a poor medium for the communication of feeling. I desire the company of a man who could sympathise with me; whose eyes could reply to mine. You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but i bitterly feel the want of a friend. I have no one near me, gentle yet courageous, possesed of a cultivated as well as of a capacious mind, whose tastes are like my own, to aprove or amend my plans...and i greatly need a friend who would have sense enough not to despise me as a romantic, and affection enough for me to endeavour to regulate my mind." See, there it is, plain and simple, what i need. I guess i have friends but no one i can really talk to. As most of you can tell from reading my blog i've been really upset lately, and there's no one i can talk to about it. Like he says here, writing things down is a poor medium for communicating feelings. And i have no one, absolutely no one who i can talk to about this. Even my parents i feel uncomfortable talking to sometimes. I need someone who i can trust, who i can talk to, who can be there for me. I need that. And NO! I do not want to talk to some foreign punk through E-mail, i want a real physical friend who will be there for me. Not that i'm insulting all the friends i have now, i just have no one who i can trust and talk to. And i need it. I really do. And please keep praying for me, the enemy has moved from an all out assault to painful sniping when i least expect it. I need someone. Please pray for me. Please. G2G, Bye!

2 comments:

miramis said...

I'm praying for you

Anonymous said...

Well...Chirs...i exist...i dunt mind talkin to ya...k...wheneva you need me...the just say u wanna talk...k