Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm a Finnish rockstar!! (Plus a bunch of other stuff...)

Hey, do you see any strange resemblance between me and that Finnish rockstar there? What is it? What makes us so strikingly similiar? The facial hair! I have finnish rockstar facial hair! By the way, that's Jukka, the drummer from NightWish. I was listening to his rocking sounds today in the library music room, and as i was glancing through the "Once" CD case insert paper thingy and checking out the cool pics of the band i noticed something about one of my favorite Finnish bands. (Actually i'd say it's just my number one favorite. Even The Rasmus can't match this!) Every guy in NightWish has some variation of my facial hair! I've said it before and will say it again, i'm obsessed with my facial hair, so now that i know that this is Finnish rockstar facial hair i feel much cooler. Anyway, i bet you want to know i did today. Well the truth is i bet you don't. But because i have nothing else to tell you about i'll tell about what i did today. Well first i went and performed a crazy rock concert and got tons of fans. Then i found my true love and got married(She was in the band too, doing vocals/keyboards with me doing main vocals/crazy dancing). Then i built a space ship out of spare X-box parts and used it to blow up an alien fleet that was planning to destroy earth. Then i woke up.


No, i didn't actually dream about that. But i would have liked to. It would have been so cool. Especially if my true love was Tarja Turunen, or Amy Lee, or maybe even some alien invader. But enough wierd stuff. Today, after spending the morning chilling and reading, i headed out on my bike for an adventure worthy of a spaceship built of X-box parts. I had a to-do list. Well not really. I had a vague idea of what might be nice to do. So i jetted down to the library and checked whether they had any Orson Scott Card books (they did!) then went to the other library and listened to a bunch of music. I don't know why, but i just felt like listening to a lot of Finnish music. So from NightWish to Apocalyptica i listened and loved. I also checked out some stuff i'd always wanted to hear, such as Vanessa Mae, who i actually didn't like much. Too quiet. I wanted Apocalyptica for that type of music. Anyway, after that...hmm, i'm trying to remember what else i did. Well, it was exciting anyway. One cool thing i saw is the Youth Cafe near Vabaduse Väljak, which i've seen before but never taken the trouble to actually investigate. I still haven't actually gone in, but i just went to their website and read their mission statement (http://www.ave.ee/kohvik/?pg=whyeng) and think it sounds really cool. So some time i'm gonna go check it out. Anyway, oh! I just remembered what else i did. It was really cool. Wicked exciting. So good. I...

Visited Microsoft!! Microsoft you say? Bill Gates? No, i didn't visit Bill Gates. But i did visit what i believe to be Microsoft HQ Estonia. It's right next to the Radisson. I've been having problems with my X-box for months. Probably more than a year. And ever since i found out where Microsoft HQ is i decided i would storm it, demanding my X-box be fixed by Bill Gates himself! So i nicely road my bike over, walked in, asked the security guard nicely if i could go in, then took the elevater up to the 2nd floor where the nice young lady behind the desk buzzed me in. Now when this nice young lady looked at me either she fell madly and instantly in love (very likely) or found something about my appearance funny (unlikely). I mean really, maybe my hair was a little (or very) wind blown from my crazy bike ride. And maybe there were red marks on my nose from wearing my sunglasses so long. And maybe i haven't shaved in almost a week! But i don't think she found that funny. I think she was in love. So she greeted me with and odd little smile pulling at the corners of her mouth and i commenced to tell her that i required spare X-box parts to build a space ship. Either that or i wanted someone to fix my X-box so it would stop resembling a slug, and start resembling a high tech piece of gaming equipment. She told me she had no idea if they did X-box repairs anywhere in Estonia and asked for my number (see? She loved me! She wanted my number) so that she could call me and let me know if it was possible to have my dear X-box fixed. So i strolled out and jumped on my bike and road away. She still hasn't called me (playing hard to get, i assume) so i'm still waiting for my call from Microsoft. Hopefully they'll call me tommorow, because if they don't i'll be at camp and very unlikely to pick up my phone. Anyway, i must be off now, because for some reason i have a bit of a nagging headache. So until next time, Cya!

3 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

I think you had a headache because you were dehydrated from riding your bike for hours without getting a drink.

Anonymous said...

that story is thoroughly amazing, chris. My hat would be off to you, if I wore one. I eagerly await the next chapter in the "Chris vs. Microsoft" story.

Anonymous said...

ı thınk mıcrosoft wıll hıre hım and gıve hım the bıg bucks! love from auntıe ın ıstanbul xoxoxo

who at the moment can hear the muslım call to prayer from the mosque Hagıa Sofıa