Monday, August 13, 2007

So many good things to blog about where do i start??

Hmm, should i start with how much fun i had at the beach? Or with playing Green Day? Or my Acoustic Guitar buddy? Or my day spent with my friends Kirill and Ilya? I dunno what to do! Well i have the picture of Kirill at Kalamaja beach on the ship wreck, so as a change of pace i'll start at the end (today) and go backwards (through last week). Today, after being exhuasted by camp, i was lying in bed, drooling slightly, and dreaming something about monkeys, or something like that when my phone started to ring. Now at the the time i thought that Scooter's "Shake that" would make a great ring tone, but now i know it's really annoying. If you don't know the song then you probably know this bit which may or may not be from this particular song. But it sounds like it. "Shake, shake, shake. Shake, shake, shake. Shake your booty." or however it goes. Anyway, i shook my booty in annoyed way and groggily picked up my phone. It was Kirill. Kirill? Calling me? But i'm tired! So i answered my phone saying something like "marshmellow" because i couldn't quite manage "Hello" and had Kirill ask me cheerfully if i wanted to hang out with him, because as a change of pace he was in Tallinn rather than Narva and was bored out of his skull. Now i don't know about you, but when someone wakes me up, and then talks cheerfully it drives me insane. Anybody who wakes me up should be shaking, falling on the floor and begging for forgiveness. Now my mom never seems to understand this, because she loves waking me up cheerfully, which definitely wakes me up on the wrong side of the bed.

Anyway, Kirill sounded cheerful, but i had nothing better planned so i just imagined he was groveling and i forgave him. So then i said i'd meet him at 9.oo. So after jumping into some mildly clean clothes and smashing through my chores i ran out the door and was glad to see the trams were working again, so i jumped on one and got to the corps at 9.01. So i asked what Kirill and his brother Ilya wanted to do, and being teenage guys none of us had any ideas. So i gave them the whirlwind tour of Tallinn, throwing in a few special treats where no tourist ever goes and where even most Estonians couldn't manage. We checked out old town, Viru Keskus, Tammsaare Park, Kalamaja beach (with the shipwreck pictured above) and many other thing my tired brain can not remember. Now we did this all on foot, which is why my brain is so tired. After walking around in the hot sun all day we finally crashed at the corps and kidnapped my new guitar. It's not really new. But i feel like it is. And i love it. But i still can't get the darn 4th string to be tuned right. Now why do i need a tuned guitar? I don't play guitar do i? Well, that's going to have to wait until the next post (which will hopefully be in like a couple of hours) so just be patient, and revel in the mystery! Until then, Cya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with the "waking up cheerfully" bit. My mom and sister do that all the time to me and it really annoys me.