Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Facebook dilemna!


As many of you will probably have noticed by now my prefered medium of communication is my blog. It's nice and neat, and i am the master here, so it's perfect for me. But now it seems that the world revolves around Facebook, MySpace and other such "Don't have friends in real life? Come get fake cyber buddies!" sites. Now i have been opposed to this type of thing for about 3 years, ever since my friends got almost irretrievably sucked into Orkut. But eventually i gave in and joined Orkut too. But i still have never really seen the point. I have friends in this country, i have a life here, why do i need to go on a site where Pakistanians are asking me if i'm Bisexual? It just doesn't work for me. But i have found that Orkut is a great birthday reminder. That's all it's good for. But do to a recent string of events (including my mom joining facebook) i decided i just had to join facbook, just to be like everyone else. To quote a great man (who i hope reads that i called him a great man for saying this) "Sometimes life is like diarrhea, you gotta go with the flow!". So i went with the flow and right away hit problems. It wouldn't let me in with me joining a school network! Only problem is i don't go to school. Not any school they'd have heard of anyway. So i had to lie (oops) and say i was in Houghton academy. It was the only place i could think of right off the top of my head. But it said that if no one from Houghton academy confirmed i really did go there me account would be frozen within X amount of days. Well boohoo. It's not my fault the idiots didn't put "Homeschooling" as an option. Though i did see some people were just in no network. How did they do that? Lie about their age? I wonder...

Anyway, i finally was in. Mr. fake Houghton academy. So i started looking for friends. I found 3 at first, all very exciting to be sure, but if i'd really wanted to contact any of them (or they me) then we'd use E-mail. Then i did a bit more surfing and then saw it...the incarnation of evil...the darkest of all the darkness entombed fiends of this earth...the devil herself! I could not bear the thought of being a member of the same site as the princess of darkness, so i deactivated my account. It was over. Then the next day my mom was on and i was hit by a sudden inspiration. I pushed my mom aside and did a quick search that came up with only one result...the only result i could want. Beauty incarnate...The shining light of feminine perfection that all others are judged by...An angel of light. So now in my mind i have all the darkest fiends of hell and the most beautiful angels of light fighting in my mind. Facebook would be a way in which i could be in contact with those who i rarely am in contact with(Especially the beautiful ones). But it would also be opening me up to burns from the pits of hell through the fiends who dwell their. Oh the choice! Well, the battle still rages, and i still think. But for now i must go. Cya.

P.S. I've noticed lately that NO ONE IS COMMENTING!!!!! I don't know why none of you have been commenting. But this blog is an interactive thing. So PLEASE comment. Thank you, Tsau.

No comments: