Thursday, August 23, 2007

My plans for reaching super-extra-cool rockstardom!!

Now i'm sure you are all dying to know how (now that i'm learning guitar) i am going to become a world famous rock sensation. I have it all very nicely planned out. Starting with lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of practice. At least thats what guitar master Sergei says i have to do, and that sounds about right to me. Step 2 in my master plan for becoming rich, famous and super cool(er than i am now) is simple, learn to play cool songs. I've already got down "Open the eyes of my heart lord", "This little light of mine" and "What a mighty God we serve" so now i've decided that i need to learn some crazy rock songs. I'm not quite up to Skillet level (though that would be my end goal) so i've decided to start, at least for today, with 2 songs that don't seem too hard but are definitely extremely cool. First song that i want to learn is Linkin Park's "Numb". Not only is it cool but it only has 5 chords in the whole song, and i already know 3 of them. So once i get that down really good i will play that in front of a video camera and stick it on YouTube for all of you to see. Then once i've mastered Linkin Park I'll move on to Papa Roach's song "Forever". Well, actually not the whole song probably. Because i just don't like the whole song. I love the chorus though. And the chorus only has 4 chords, and though i don't know any of them (except i did play an F once but it sounded kind of odd and Sergei made me do it like 10 times 'til it sounded right) i'm sure i can learn. Now the more perceptive of you may have noticed a problem with my plan. Both these songs are crazy rock songs that are played on electric guitar...but i have an acoustic. No worries! I'm sure that with my mad skillz i'll rock out on any guitar. Ahh, but electric guitars are cool. So i have a plan. I think you may have noticed that black Encore guitar up there. That is my dream guitar. Not only does it look cool, but it's about 2000 krooni cheaper than every other guitar in the store! But of course the saying "You get what you pay for" cautions me to do some research before i buiy a crao guitar. But so far all my research has said that it's not what a milionaire rockstar would buy, but it's what a cheap beginner with rockstar ambitions should buy. And seeing as how i am neither a milionaire (yet) nor a rockstar (yet) and and am both cheap and a beginner, this seems to be the guitar for me. But the truth is i don't need it yet. I'll master the acoustic and then if i feel like it (and have saved enough) i might buy the electric. But i'm still not sure yet. We'll see. But anyway, my future rockstardom is assured, so now would be a good time to start requesting autographs because once i'm rich/famous i'll charged 10 bucks each! Anyway, must go now, Cya!

No comments: