Saturday, December 08, 2007

Do you ever just feel irritated?

Just like the whole world is against you and you should do something like write an annoyed blog post to get revenge? Well that’s how I feel, allow me to explain why. Yesterday, Friday, one of my seven favorite days of the week, rather than going to youth group and spending time with my friends and being all super duper I spent 7 hours in the car. Then I spent 5 hours at the annoying officer’s Christmas party (not sure whether it was the officers or the party that was more annoying). So that was 12 hours of my day wasted! 12 hours I will never get back. It like someone just said “we were going to wait to kill you, but now we’ll kill you 12 hours earlier. I just lost 12 hours! And it wasn’t worth it at all. The one thing that made me want to go was blood sausage. Good Estonian blood sausage. Blood sausage is an essential food during Christmas here that I absolutely love. It may be an acquired taste, but I have acquired it! It’s great, as long as it’s not burned. I was so excited I as I grabbed some nice looking blood sausages and plopped them on my plate, so happy as I cut off a generous portion and raised it to my mouth expecting it to taste bloody good (play on words), then crushed by disappointment at the almighty “CRUNCH” that could be heard for miles. I was eating charcoal. This Christmas delicacy had been burned beyond all recognition. The torture was horrible. I still had 2 ¾ sausages to eat, and I had to be polite so…I spent the next 10 minutes crunching and washing it down with some juice and over seasoned ham. It was really the one big thing I have been looking forward to for months, and the only reason I had gotten up at 7 to sit in a car for 3 ½ hours with a fussy 3 year old. I was so disappointed. So now I’m writing this blog post. Just to get out all my sadness. I am so disappointed. But I still have something to look forward to. Sometime before Christmas we will have a corps Christmas party, and for that one of our amazing ladies will cook up some superb and not even slightly burned blood sausage. So, to the future!

The other reason I feel irritated is because as I said in an earlier post my aunt and uncle are coming for Christmas. Now I’m not irritated because they are coming, I’m irritated because of what a pain in the butt it is to get them here. Not by any fault of ours or theirs (that I know of) we have had so much trouble getting them tickets and visas and all that necessary junk. One reason is that my uncle is Russian, and Estonians don’t want to let Russians over the borders because in the past when Russians came over the border they brought tanks. And when we try to get tickets for them the website is undergoing maintenance and bla bla bla! It’s really annoying! I think it’s all a conspiracy to make me unhappy, first you burn my blood sausage, then you make it hard for my family to visit for Christmas. What more could you do to me? No wait, don’t answer that. Anyway, I’m gonna go before something else happens to annoy me. To late, it’s raining. So I’m off, Cya!

No comments: