Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm in love with Paramore! (Pictured)

Now, when I say that I don’t only mean that I love their awesome guitars, their sweet sound, and amazing vocals. No I’m mean I’m IN LOVE with Paramore. Or more specifically their lead singer, Hayley Williams. She’s 18, she’s a good singer, she’s got cool red hair that may or may not be natural (I’m hoping natural, I hate dyed hair), she totally rocks, and most importantly she is the first famous true love (Sorry Amy Lee and Tarja Turunen) to openly and honestly profess her faith in Christ. She’s a Christian. Now I’m hoping that it’s obvious that when I say that I’m in love with her I’m using hyperbole (is that the right word? I believe so). I’m not really madly in love with a girl who I’ve never met, though she did sing me to sleep last night. But Hayley, if you’re reading this for some bizarre reason then hat doesn’t mean I COULDN’T be in love with you. I’m sure I would love to meet you and get to know you. Maybe we could hook that up sometime. If you ever tour Europe…I’ll probably be at Houghton by then, so go there instead. Or do both. Doesn’t matter because the chances of you reading this post is zero to null. Anyway, let me explain how and why I’m in love with Paramore. Last time I was in America I heard their song “Misery Business” on the radio over, and over, and over again. And I liked it. It’s actually a song that kind of bugs Hayley because she breaks the 5th commandment in the lyrics. That’s what she thinks anyway, I could argue, but whatever. The fact that she notices, cares about, and blogs about these things on her band’s website is awesome, and one the reasons I love her. Now where was I, oh yes, last trip to America. I had heard them on the radio repeatedly but never looked them up. So I came home and forgot my true love. Well I didn’t love her back then. But she’ll forgive me for that. Then I went to America again, and heard them rockin’ the airwaves again. And knew I just had to find that voice. So I came home to Estonia armed with a small recording of them from the radio to use to track them down through the lyrics.

And upon arriving I saw in the pile of junk mail my new copy of Breakaway magazine (http://www.breakawaymag.com/) and yanked it out and started pouring love and attention over it. And one of my favorite places in the magazine is always the back page, High Voltage, where they talk about music, movies, and TV. And this day when I flipped back I saw a picture of a rather odd and out of place looking group. 4 guys with roses pinned on their shirts and looking slightly bored as the girl in the middle blows a kiss as her hair matches the roses. I was like “who’s that?” so I read the article entitled “Worth Joining Paramore’s Riot?” in which I found out that it is very worth it. Because they rock, and a few of them are Christians. And after reading Hayley’s thoughts on her own song and it’s meaning in her spiritual life I knew it was love. So I know I’ll probably never meet her, but here’s to you Hayley, the most rockin’ famous chick I know of. If you’re ever wishing there was a good looking Christian guy you could talk to you may want to look else where. But if you just want a Christian guy to talk to then I’m always available. And my E-mail, MSN, even phone number is available all over my blog.

Anyway, there’s my fantasy about marrying a Christian rocker. I know it’s extraordinarily unlikely, but if I can find a Christian girl who likes Paramore it’ll be just as good. When I told my friend Anneli that I was marrying Hayley she said she’d marry one of the guys in the band. So that’s cool. But anyway, I need to get going now, I’ve got some stuff to go waste time on. Stuff like maybe school work or something. I always find something. Anyway, Cya!

2 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

I am quite sure that is not her natural hair color(s)! Look closely; it's got black and red and blond in there!

Besides not liking dyed hair, you should consider how much money your future wife plans to spend on hair dye, nail polish, and make-up! :-)

Anonymous said...

It'd dyed.
But love her anyways. :D

I'm a big fan of Paramore.
I've been.
for over a year now.
I'm glad you like her.

(And hopefully the WHOLE band.)