Thursday, December 06, 2007

I've finally done it...

We all knew it was only a matter of time before I just snapped. Before I went mucho loco on the worldo. It’s finally happened. Accidentally of course. But it still happened. No, I haven’t killed everyone by decapitating them with playing cards (Supposedly it’s actually possible to do that if you can throw the cards fast enough! I bet SuperMan could so totally do it!). I haven’t finally melded my brain with the computer so that I can rule cyber space. I’d just get deleted anyway. And then once I was in the recycle bin someone would double click on that and then right click on me and click “delete”. In other words, they’d kill me. But back to the point. What is it I’ve finally done? Does anyone know what slave labor I’ve been doing for roughly the last 3 years? The thing so horrible that my little brother has promised to sacrifice himself and take my place once he’s old enough? That’s right, it’s my chore to do the laundry! NO!!!! Isn’t that horrible? For years I’ve slaved away making sure my family has a clean supply of clothes, and now I’ve finally gotten my revenge. I’ve broken the washing machine! I grabbed a baseball bat and smashed it into tiny pieces! Not really. Actually I overloaded it with far too many clothes. Something my dad was always warning me about before. But anyway, I had put in a rather large load of water absorbent and heavy clothes and about halfway through (as I was in the middle of writing my last blog post) we all heard an almighty CRACK! We all went and stared as the washing machine bled and died. It died in my arms, my old friend with whom I’d spent far too much time. Not really. I went back to blogging and let my dad figure out it was broken. So now I’m guilty of murdering a washing machine. Will you ever forgive me? Let’s hope it gets better soon. Because as shown by hundreds of Estonian teens, it doesn’t matter how clean your body is, if your clothes are dirty you’re gonna smell. Doesn’t that stink? Haha. I made a joke.

Anyway, I really do hope our stupid washing machine isn’t broken. This isn’t my favorite job, but it still needs to be done. But now I’m sure you’re all wondering what’s going on here in the little town of Tallinn. Well, all our snow has melted, causing the same uneasy feeling as an enemy army retreating. Why uneasy? Because you know they’re out there somewhere regrouping, planning a renewed assault that will be 10 times worse than the first. That’s winter in Estonia. And also I hate it being cold unless there’s snow. It’s like having the discomfort of being covered in paint without the beauty of a finished painting. Where do I get these weird analogies?! I mean it’s nasty cold but not blindingly beautiful, and I want double or nothing. Tonight is songsters, bible study, and NELK (Women’s club), two of which I’m hoping to skip. Guess which two? That’s right, I want to go to women’s club, that’s where they give me free food. I’m joking, I want to go to bible study. During women’s club I usually go upstairs with my friends and we all try to laugh as quietly as possible so as not to bother the women downstairs. We usually do end up getting too loud eventually, but then my mom just sends me a kind and loving SMS saying something along the lines of “SHUT UP!” but tonight I may do something different. My friend Anneli has told me there is an awesomely cool bible study for college age dudes and dudettes at the Methodist church, and since some German guy goes they already are translating into English, so why not check it out? So I may or may not, I’m still deciding. You know those Methodists, gotta be cautious around them. And once again I’m joking, I love the Methodists, and Anneli is probably going to hook me up with one of the Methodist chicks at the bible study. Sounds great. Anyway, that’s all the news from home town of Tallinn, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average. That’s a joke from Garrison Keillor’s “Prairie Home Companion”. Anyway, I must be off now. I must take up my babysitting duties in half and hour and I can hear Peter screaming, so best use this next half hour getting him calm so I don’t have to do it later. Anyway, Cya!

1 comment:

Priit said...

In Estonia the snow will always come after the christmas eve, so Chris i guess you didnt know or forgot that the real snow and coldness comes in new year. -25'C is the record when I went do school some years ago , right now its only just +5'c to -5'c