Saturday, December 08, 2007

A quick Bible verse...

A friend of mine wrote a nice little post on his blog and FaceBook about his thoughts on the movie and book "The Golden Compass" and because I had only written from the view point of anti and he was very pro so since I know very little about the subject and he knows very much I thought I would opy his thoughts and post them here. Then I realized something. While we're so busy fighting over some stupid movie that won't really convert anyone to Satanism people around the world are living in sin and dying and going to hell. And there are children starving to death. And there are women and children being sold into sexual slavery. And there are lots of REALLY BAD THINGS! We are totally in need of a priority check up. If a movie is more important than a starving child then you've got issues. I'm sure you're thinking "Well I care about those things too..." but you're missing my point. Why waste so much energy on throwing around negativity and hatred that will (rightfully so) get us less converts and more people writing books like "The Golden Compass"! There's so much more out there! Anyway, that's my little rant. I'll leave you with a Bible verse and then I'm going to sleep.


2 Timothy 2:23-26 "Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will."

So, my position on "The Golden Compass"? Neutral, I've got bigger fish to fry.

2 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

I love the verse just preceding the ones you quoted:

2TI 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Erica said...

It was good to read your post. Yep, in the world there are lots of bad things and maybe really the movie won't change anybody.

:D.

P.S. a good scripture, I liked it