Thursday, December 06, 2007

Don't you love chain mail?

The other day I got ANOTHER chain mail E-mail. You know the kind I’m talking about. Irritatingly innocent looking E-mails from friends and family that were not sent to you personally but as part of a mass infection of everybody on this person’s address book. They are usually full of sweet quotes like “If you have more friends than you can count on one hand then where’d your other fingers go?” and “A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying ‘now look what you got me into, you little jerk!’” and this E-mail was no different. So as I read down the list of crappy recycled quotes from anonymous people who are always feeling warm, fuzzy, and friendly one stuck out at me. One of those relationship advice ones. Now I’ve pretty much gotten girls figured out by now, they are a pox on the earth (Please note that that comment is, like most of this post, sarcastic), but I read this anyway. It said “maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before we meet the right one, that way we’ll be more grateful when we meet the right one” after reading this I leaned back for a second and pondered. And the result of my pondering was this simple statement. “Maybe God wants us to chop off one leg and one arm so we’ll be truly grateful for the other arm and leg.” Are these quote making people idiots!?! It would seem so. I am so sick of this chain mail full of fallacies about life. That’s pretty much my whole rant. But just a reminder, if you don’t copy and paste this and send it to at least 50 million people within the 30 milliseconds then you’ll get stabbed in your sleep by ninjas from Mars. Have a nice day!




I hate chain mail.....

1 comment:

Capri said...

Lol I couldn't agree more! Chain mail is as annoying as any other type of spam and is killing real communication on the net. Too many people think their friends are content to settle for junk they didn't even write - junk that isn't even well thought out and well written in its zeal to try sounding special which just makes chain mail fall flat. I've gotten the "Simple friend VS. True Friend" the "I believe" and "I've learned" and other really mushy gunk so many times over the years, and really dislike people sending it, for so many reasons - mostly it's phony as the day is long and completely impersonal as well. I also feel that sending chain letters is the lazy way out. Who likes to be reminded every time one of these things barges into the inbox that one's friends really couldn't be bothered to write, so instead, sends junk that preaches on about how to be a "good friend" or "what a hug means" etc. etc.?