Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Balance?

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to lead a more balanced life. More balanced in my time allocation, more balanced in my priorities, more balanced in where I invest my energy, and just more overall balanced. So far I'm not doing very well.

Today I had to juggle. Jenny took a sick day and I would have spent the whole day caring for her but I had some stuff I had to do in the office. On top of that, this evening was Gamechat, my video game book club, and I still hadn't finished the chapter we were going to discuss.

Somehow I managed to fit in my wife, work, and gaming in time, but it was hard. It was balanced, but in a way that resembled a house of cards. So, not really balanced.

The one last priority I hadn't added into the balance was writing. Here I am, though. Jenny's asleep with her head on my lap so I'm writing on my phone instead of the computer.

Could you imagine a world where all those priorities fit nicely into a balanced day without feeling rushed or haphazard? That's my dream. But still a dream only at this point.

Now it's time for another important piece of a balanced lifestyle: sleep. Goodnight, friend.

No comments: