Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Days Off Are Wonderful

How do two young married millenials spend a day off from work? Loving life, mostly. I had a very nice day with my wife today. Now I'm going to tell you about it. That's what blogging is.

This morning I woke up refreshed. Yesterday had been hectic and I was grateful for the opportunity to sleep in. Once I woke up I found Jenny in the living room having just finished a small painting. Jenny has also been making it a goal to be more creative in the New Year. For me, creativity means writing. For her that means painting. I like when she paints because it's always a window to her emotional state so I immediately know how she's doing. Her painting today was happy, with a bright background and some trees.

I made us scrambled eggs for brunch and as we ate we watched iZombie and discussed our plans for the day. Despite the constant snowfall we decided to spend some time outside while there was daylight. I ran to the grocery store to get that checked off the to-do list and then Jenny and I went to DobrĂ¡ Tea, a fancy tea room with a huge selection of teas from around the world. Jenny got a complex Czech tea. I got a simple Chinese white tea. Jenny made fun of me for getting so simple (she also makes fun of me for loving vanilla ice cream). I was looking for something relaxing and the white tea delivered.

Jenny and I then went to the art supply store to restock for her creative needs. We had planned to go to Bao Bao for dinner, a cool looking dumpling shop I've been wanting to go to forever, but it apparently is not open on Mondays. So we did the next best thing and went to Misen Noodle Bar, an excellent Thai place. Jenny got Thai Fries, which are both delicious and hard to explain, and I got Gyoza to satisfy my dumpling craving.

After dinner Jenny and I were able to spend the rest of the evening relaxing and enjoying spending time together. We chatted about how our life goals and plans for the future. I'm 26, and that feels really old to me, but Jenny and I still have big dreams we're shooting for. Well, Jenny does. I'm impatient for our future. I want to know if we get where we're dreaming of. Five years ago I never would have dreamed my life would like this. Will my life five years from now look anything like my dreams?

Jenny and I watched the first few episodes of Making a Murderer. Very engrossing and interesting. I kind of want to just binge watch it all night but, you know, I'm adult now. Old man Chris needs his sleep.

Hey look, this post is ever so slightly more substantial than the last few days have been. Good, I think? Tomorrow there will be more, so, you know, read that too.

No comments: