Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What did you do today?

So, I'm just going to tell you about my day because I think that's the kind of relationship we have. Also, I'm too tired to pull together anything else.

This morning I did not want to leave bed. I'd had trouble sleeping and got up for about a half hour in the middle of the night. I had a lot on my mind, so I spent the time writing, which is productive I guess. That writing is just sitting in a draft at the moment, but it's there. It was just one of those things where I couldn't stop thinking about something until I worked through it.

So, once I finally did crawl out of bed I went in to work. My regular youth programs are still on break for a few weeks so right now I'm in full preparation mode. Right now it's all about planning and getting the word out. So I spent my morning on Facebook, creating events and sending messages. It's a little weird that I use my personal Facebook for work. I spend all day on Facebook in the office, then I head home and go on the exact same Facebook. I'm not going anywhere with this, I'm just pointing out that it's odd.



Once I got home I devoted a large portion of my night to playing Life is Strange Episode 1: Chrysalis. It's really good. Like, exceptionally deep and engrossing. You should go play this game right now. The story is nuanced and thought-provoking. The gameplay is fluid and narrative focused. I cannot stress enough that this game is good. Stop reading my lame blog and go play this game.

Fun fact, I wasn't just playing Life is Strange for fun. I've been invited to join a "video game book club" of sorts. A group of us are playing through Life is Strange one episode at a time and then meeting to discuss it. I'm really quite excited about it. That starts tomorrow night, so I had to make sure I finished chapter 1 today.

Anyway, that's my day. I hope all this excitement didn't overwhelm you. Alright, now that I've fulfilled my writing commitment I'm going to sleep. Sleeping is great. For the maximum "things-Chris-Loves" experience you should go play Life is Strange and then go to sleep. Then check back tomorrow for more blogged nonsense.

No comments: