Sunday, January 17, 2016

I Almost Forgot

I was just standing at the sink next to my wife as we brushed my teeth and doing a mental inventory of my day. Sleep in and cook a nice little brunch for Jenny? Check. Go to another prerelease and have fun with friends? Check. Snuggle my cat? Check. But there was something nagging me in the back of my mind.

"Jenny, I forgot to write" I said. I ran over to my computer, turned it on, and here I am, writing when I should be in bed.

I'm glad I've committed to a month of writing. It's been good to have a more active thought life and more opportunities for constructive introspection. That said, this is a lot of writing. I have exactly 2 weeks until the end of January and I plan to pump out 14 more posts just out of sheer stubbornness.

I'm sitting with my fingers on the keyboard and I just have nothing else to say. Check back in tomorrow for a post. It will have words in it. I guarantee that much.

No comments: