Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Working on Unification

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to be a more unified self. By that I mean to bring together each piece of myself, my intellect and my faith, my gaming and my socializing, all into one consistent version of myself. Today I had a very cool experience that I think was a great unification activity.

I mentioned yesterday that I was joining a "video game book club" of sorts, Gamechat. Tonight was our first night meeting together to chat and discuss Life is Strange Episode 1: Chrysalis. Life is Strange is a really emotionally and intellectually engaging game. I was already really enjoying how thought provoking an experience it had been. Having the opportunity to discuss the game with some intelligent and like-minded gamers was a new experience for me, and really enhanced my processing of gameplay and narrative. If you're interested in listening to the discussion you're in luck, it was recorded! If you're interested in a podcast-esque discussion of Life is Strange check it out here: http://132productions.com/GameChat/GameChat.html

The bonus to listening to that is you get to hear my sexy voice. By sexy I do of course mean slightly too high and speaking much too fast.

So, I'm not sure what else to write about. I did some cleaning in my office today. We've been collecting bottles and cans since this summer as a fundraiser. It was getting to the point where I had an absurd amount in my office and they were just making a mess. I dropped them off and the whole lot, about 13 trash bags full, got us $52. So, hooray! Fundraising! Either way, my office is on the road to cleanliness now and that's good.

Anyway, I'm feeling just about ready for sleep now. I think I might toy around with writing at different times of day so I'm not always so exhausted by the time I sit down to blog. Maybe if I write in the mornings I could get a bit more creativity flowing? Who knows. We'll find out! Check back tomorrow, and the next day, and so on for more rambling/blogging/etc.

No comments: