Sunday, January 24, 2016

Days Off Are for Chumps

Yesterday I mentioned I was planning to have all of today off for some R&R. That didn't work out to be strictly true. Instead of sleeping in Jenny woke me up at 7:30 to tell me I needed to do a pick up for work that I hadn't known about. So I started my day off by punching in for an hour. Then after lunch I had to spend about 45 driving to pick up a sick Jenny from an event she was at for work. So, my day wasn't all rest as I had hoped.

On the plus side I was able to take some time to watch the Star City Games Open in Atlanta while packing up a bunch of Pucatrades. I also managed to spend a bit of time playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've been really enjoying running around as a billionaire in tights. It's not exactly artsy gaming like a lot of what I've been doing lately, but it is critically acclaimed so I still feel good about it. Also, Arkham Asylum has been sitting in my gaming backlog forever because when last I tried to play it I was running it on minimum settings on my old laptop and it began crashing halfway through so I never had a chance to finish.

The other cool thing I did today was play Dungeons & Dragons with some of my old college friends online. Well, technically we're playing Dungeon World, a D&D knockoff, but it's just as fun. Playing a nerdy game together via Google hangouts has proven to be a pretty cool way to keep our friendships going despite the great graduation diaspora of 2012.

Looks like I've run out of structured and coherent things to say again. I'm not going to offer false hope that you might get another meaty blog post. You might, but I'm not guaranteeing it. Really the only way to find out is to check back. See you around, friend.

No comments: